Texas man presumed drowned in Broken Bow Lake
Calvin Dewayne Straughter, 29, of Allen, Texas, missing and presumed drowned after jumping into Broken Bow Lake from a boat Saturday afternoon, according to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.
BROKEN BOW — An Allen, Texas, man is missing and presumed drowned after jumping into Broken Bow Lake from a boat, according to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.
Calvin Dewayne Straughter, 29, was on a boat east of the marina when he jumped into the water about 3:45 p.m. Saturday, according to a patrol report.
Straughter began to struggle in the water and a life jacket was thrown to him, but he submerged before anyone could reach him, troopers said.
Efforts to recover his body continued Monday evening.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11190Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11015Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9873Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8372Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4481Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4243Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4027OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M