Texas mother charged in deaths of 2 infant sons
HOUSTON (AP) — A Texas woman pregnant with her fourth child has been charged in the deaths of her two infant sons in 2011 and earlier this year, police said Tuesday.
Kristi-An Walker, 20, was indicted last week on a murder charge and two counts of injury to a child, said Angleton police Sgt. Kirk Coleman. Investigators say she told them she became frustrated with the children when they wouldn't stop crying.
Angleton officers looking into the June death of Walker's 6-month-old son learned details about how another one of her sons, a 4-month-old, had died in April 2011 in nearby Freeport. It's not clear whether a criminal investigation was done in that child's death, and Freeport police did not immediately return a phone call for comment Tuesday.
The murder charge is in connection with the death of the 6-month-old, and the charges of injury to a child are for both deaths.
Coleman said Walker is accused of banging her 6-month-old son's head against a door jamb at her home in Angleton, about 44 miles south of Houston. He said the 4-month-old also suffered head trauma, which investigators learned was from Walker allegedly slamming the child hard against his baby seat and the metal part of his bassinet.
"She said she did it on both occasions because she was frustrated with the kids crying and she couldn't deal with the constant crying," Coleman said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11552Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10742OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6888Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5464Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5395Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4853Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4694OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins