Texas Tech coach Tommy Tuberville: ‘We knew we had to play above our heads to have a chance'
Here's a look at what players and coaches were saying after Oklahoma State's 66-6 victory vs. Texas Tech:
OSU coach Mike Gundy on the blowout: “We have been fortunate that we have put some games away fairly early this year. I go back to I think we have very good team chemistry and good leadership. It's important to them, and they're willing to play hard.”
Videoview all videos
Nov 13Brandon Weeden threw five touchdown passes and the...
Nov 12Jenni Carlson and Gina Mizell explain how the Cowboys...
Photoview all 88 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Texas Tech coach Tommy Tuberville on the loss: “We knew we had to play above our heads to have a chance…three turnovers just pretty much sealed our fate in terms of giving ourselves a chance too have that emotion to play, get to that second half and have a chance to play and get our fans involved. It just never materialized.”
OSU quarterback Brandon Weeden on the confidence of the Cowboys: “We are far enough along here and we've got something special and guys are really just focusing on what we got and getting better each week. I think the win last week (against Kansas State) kind of proves that point, because it was a really big win for us. But that's part of it—when you make a run, you're going to have some ups and downs, but the guys in the locker room never feel like we are out of it.”
Texas Tech cornerback Cornelius Douglas on facing OSU: “It's just hard sometimes going out there…they keep scoring touchdowns and you get kind of beat up. But you've just got to keep bringing it every play, every down.”
OSU defensive coordinator Bill Young on getting off to a fast start on defense: "We felt like, particularly against a team that can throw the ball and run the ball as well as Tech, that we needed to get out here and in any way possible, take their crowd out of the game plan."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21139Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17655Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12237Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9661Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9306Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8802Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8735Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater