Texas Tech dominates Grambling State for 91-56 win
Texas Tech pressed Grambling State all game, wearing out the Tigers' starters and forcing them to match up with the Red Raiders' bench. The Red Raiders scored 41 points off the bench, two more than they did Wednesday night.
"You have to keep coming at them, and eventually you hope that they break," Walker said.
Texas Tech shot 16 of 27 from the field in the second half as they ran away with the game.
Forty-two of the Red Raiders' 91 points came in the paint. If it wasn't Crockett laying in a second-chance basket, it was Tolbert sneaking in from the side with a dunk.
"That is the attitude that we're bringing," Walker said. "We're bringing the fight to them; that is the bottom line."
Crockett was 8 of 13 from the field, scoring his 17 points in only 26 minutes, while nine of Jackson's 15 points came from beyond the arc, where he was 3 of 6.
The Red Raiders' Josh Gray chipped in 11 points, nine of which came in the second half, and three steals.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort