Thank military families for their sacrifices
As a native of Europe, I've marveled at the appreciation Americans have for their troops and their patriotism. When I see and read about monuments going up to honor veterans in Choctaw and Midwest City, I can't help but wonder when the military family as a whole is thanked or appreciated. The military family serves and sometimes suffers alongside the veteran. They are affected by relocations, which are frequent for some, and physical and emotional changes for others inflicted during service to this nation, changes that affect the entire family.
NewsOK Related Articles
When thanking the individual in uniform, also thank and remember his or her family, including children, spouses and parents.
Annette Lick, Midwest City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort