MORE FROM NEWSOK
AT A GLANCE
Compiling your medical historyMake a list of blood relatives. Include your parents, siblings, children, grandparents, uncles, aunts, nieces and nephews.
Questions to ask
• Do you have any chronic illnesses, such as heart disease, high blood pressure or diabetes?
• Have you had any other serious illnesses, such as cancer or stroke?
• How old were you when you developed these illnesses?
• Have you or your partner had any difficulties with pregnancies, such as miscarriages?
• What medications do you take?
• What about illnesses of deceased relatives? How old were they when they died? What caused their deaths? Source: U.S. surgeon general