The best way to see clearly in any driving condition
Is there really a difference between wiper blades? When is it necessary to change my wipers? As the wet seasons approach, it's important to ask yourself these questions as heavy rains and increasingly severe weather can obscure driving visibility.
In fact, the American Optometric Association reports that 90 percent of all driving decisions are based on visibility. Having a properly installed set of wiper blades will enhance your vision during difficult driving conditions. Most drivers don't even realize they need new wipers until that moment of truth, as a storm approaches or heavy snow begins to fall.
To avoid this, check your wipers once a month for worn or split rubber that can cause streaking or chattering. TRICO, an authority in the wiper blades industry, encourages consumers to "change your clocks, change your blades" and make replacing wipers part of your typical fall and spring routine maintenance during daylight saving time.
Finding the right-sized blades can seem difficult. The "Find Your Wiper" feature on wiperblades.com offers a quick solution by letting drivers select their vehicle's make, model and year to display a full selection of wiper blade options.
You may find that several different wiper blades fit your car, and then ask yourself, "Does it really matter which one I use?" The difference between a conventional style and the newer, premium beam design is important to keep in mind.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36528Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32802Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32453Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8406Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5462OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3890Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3494College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals