Since World War II, the end-of-season rivalries that have staged the most virtual or actual conference championship games:
1. Michigan-Ohio State: 28 in the Big Ten.
2. Southern Cal-UCLA: 20 in the Pac-10 (and its predecessors).
2. (tie) Oklahoma-Nebraska: 20 in the Big 12, Big Eight, Big Seven and Big Six.
4. Texas A&M-Texas: 7, including six in the Southwest Conference and one for the Big 12 South Division title.
5. Alabama-Auburn: 6, including five in the Southeastern Conference and one for the SEC West Division title.