The church of the Crimson Tide
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — Even before the pig snorting and the jokes about elephant trunks, it was obvious this wasn't a regular football luncheon and alumni gathering. The first hint arrived in the anteroom, where Alabama-branded paraphernalia included more than the usual beer sleeves, coffee mugs and T-shirts.
NewsOK Related Articles
There were crimson stone necklaces encircled in faux diamonds and tins of Band-aids emblazoned with “Roll Tide” and houndstooth everywhere — on hats, scarves and pads, a reminder of the...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12959Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12323OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10047Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8563Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6689Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 6158Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated