The Digital Desk showcases variety and changes on NewsOK
A weekly recap of happenings on NewsOK.com in the third week of March.
The Digital Desk — a new era
First things first. Let’s talk about this blog … I launched this blog in October of 2008 when we last did a major redesign of NewsOK. It started as a way to communicate daily changes to the NewsOK redesign with our audience. Over the years, it’s kept the same basic theme of communicating updates about NewsOK. However, we started a new era this week. A host of new authors have joined the blog and will be posting weekly. The idea is to give the NewsOK audience a window into the hearts and minds of those who work on NewsOK — or other digital initiatives — every day. There are a wide variety of authors on the blog now, and I hope it increases the reach of this blog and helps showcase the talent behind the digital curtains.
SXSW — the NewsOK coverage
I ran into George Lang in newsroom halls on Tuesday. He was fresh off his trip to Austin with video director Dave Morris to cover the SXSW for LOOKatOKC and Static. George was tired. We talked briefly about the multitude of videos and articles that were produced while they were there. It was a lot.
Here is just one example: A story about local band Skating Polly.
And an exclusive video interview with Skating Polly:
Videoview all videos
Mar 14Static at SXSW 2013: Skating Polly
Oct 22_Guthrie Tunnels
Photoview all photos
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients