Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 94547Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17200OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12970Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8745Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8636Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8239How to help tornado victims
- 7488Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 7422Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6833Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
- 6608Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
The fragrance of love: Men give views on five romantic perfumes
By Heather Warlick
| Published: February 11, 2013
Researchers know well the power of fragrance: the calming scents of lavender and jasmine, the invigorating aromas of cinnamon and coffee, the mood- and stamina-enhancing qualities of citrus.
And for romance, fragrance is among the most powerful mating calls.
Experts know that scents can trigger strong emotional responses in people, as our scent receptors are directly linked to the emotional centers of the brain.
Most people have experienced aroma deja vu: a whiff of Drakkar Noir can instantly transport me back to my sophomore year in high school and my first real boyfriend. Aromas can conjure a variety of emotions such as the comfort and security of the scent of fresh-baked cookies or your mother's perfume.
So what makes a fragrance romantic?
Perfumers say some specific aromas lend themselves to romance: lush florals with powdery notes; sweet and comforting aromas such as vanilla and amber; and warm balsam elements.
In time for Valentine's Day, we chose five of our favorite romantic fragrances and put them to the test with 20 men of various ages to find out which scents they preferred.
The fragrances are: Michael Kors Gold Rose Edition, Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia, Elie Saab Le Parfum, Especially Escada Delicate Notes and Kiehl's Aromatic Blends Vanilla and Cedarwood.