The history of flu pandemics: Learning from past crises
Since 1918, there have been four flu pandemics, each one with different characteristics.
It wasn’t easy to tell a 78-year-old man with a double bypass he couldn’t have a flu shot.
Normally, he’d be the ideal candidate.
But this was different. This was 2009, and there was a shortage of vaccines for H1N1.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort