1. Virginia Tech vs. Alabama at Atlanta: The fifth-ranked Crimson Tide vs. the seventh-ranked Hokies at the Georgia Dome, an in-season bowl game. Can't ask for much more than that.
2. Georgia at Oklahoma State: SEC vs. Big 12. Georgia power vs. OSU gloss. No. 13 Bulldogs vs. 11th-ranked Cowboys. Great, great matchup.
3. Oregon at Boise State: Thursday night kickoff, matching 14th-ranked Ducks and 16th-ranked Broncos. Win this game, and Boise State might spend the rest of the season in the top 10. Boise State won 37-32 last season at Oregon.
4. Oklahoma vs. Brigham Young at Arlington, Texas: Intriguing matchup baptizes Jerry Jones World with real football.
5. Miami at Florida State: Fourth time this decade the arch rivals have opened against each other. They no longer rule the sport, but think how big this would have been had they opened against each other in '80s and '90s.
6. Cincinnati at Rutgers: Zero sex appeal, but these teams are ranked 29th (Cincy) and 32nd in the coaches poll. Plus, the winner takes an early lead for the Big East's BCS berth.
7. Missouri vs. Illinois at St. Louis: Sadly, what has turned into a spirited neutral-field series ends with this game. Illinois wants to play at home. OK, so how about a Missouri-Iowa series in St. Louis?