The Main Event: Best OU openers of all time
BEST OU OPENERS
1. 1968 OU at Notre Dame: The Sooners were ranked fourth, the Irish third. OU was coming off its renaissance Orange Bowl season of 1967, while Notre Dame sported the legendary combo of quarterback Terry Hanratty and receiver Jim Seymour, who had led the Irish to the 1966 national title as sophomores. Notre Dame rolled 45-21.
NewsOK Related Articles
2. 1986 UCLA at OU: Hard to recall this game as highly anticipated, since the Sooners rolled 38-3. But OU was No. 1 and UCLA No. 4, matching the highest ranked season-opening foe for a...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments