Long before the concept of a conference championship game came about, Oklahoma and Nebraska were staging their own, usually on Thanksgiving Weekend.
Read the rest of the story on Oklahoman.com
MORE FROM NEWSOK
Since World War II, the end-of-season rivalries that have staged the most virtual or actual conference championship games:
1. Michigan-Ohio State: 28 in the Big Ten.
2. Southern Cal-UCLA: 20 in the Pac-10 (and its predecessors).
2. (tie) Oklahoma-Nebraska: 20 in the Big 12, Big Eight, Big Seven and Big Six.
4. Texas A&M-Texas: 7, including six in the Southwest Conference and one for the Big 12 South Division title.
5. Alabama-Auburn: 6, including five in the Southeastern Conference and one for the SEC West Division title