The nanny state continues its onward march
On Sept. 13, New York City approved its ban on sodas served in cups larger than 16 ounces. Despite polls finding that most New Yorkers oppose the portion-size prohibition, the city’s unelected health bureaucrats did it anyway.
If you’re not a New Yorker, you might breathe a sigh of relief that your government isn’t this nutty. After all, you don’t live in a city whose health commissioner believes, “Every one...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13061Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11652Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5853Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5268Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4352Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4093Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law