The NRA 500 will do the trick — create interest in a sport that needs it
FORT WORTH, Texas — Danica Patrick, Jimmie Johnson or whoever wins the NASCAR race in Texas next month should be handed a gun that carries 150 rounds and can decapitate an elephant with a single shot.
NewsOK Related Articles
If Texas Motor Speedway is going to embrace the NRA, then go all-in by handing the winner of the 2013 NRA 500 a gun that carries at least more than 10 rounds. Those little six-shooters the...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 27538Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15649Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10393Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9809Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9381Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8402Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8325Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena