The Oklahoman announces newsroom changes
Clytie Bunyan has been promoted to an expanded role at The Oklahoman.
Mecoy is an award-winning reporter who has worked for The Oklahoman for 26 years, handling reporting and editing duties for every newsgathering desk. He has won awards for features, news and business stories and for headline writing. For the past 11 years, Mecoy has covered Oklahoma's financial industry and public companies. He will continue to cover financial matters.
“Mecoy has previously served as city editor for us. He's a proven leader with solid news judgment and a firm grasp of business and finance,” Fry said.
In her new role, Bunyan will oversee the Business news department as well as the Features departments. She also will be responsible for staff development and training and the newsroom's internship program.
Bunyan is a member of the Society of American Business Editors and Writers, and is the industry adviser for the student newspaper at Oklahoma City Community College. She represents The Oklahoman on several civic and community boards in Oklahoma City. Bunyan will continue to report to Managing Editor Mike Shannon.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort