The Oklahoman announces newsroom changes
Clytie Bunyan has been promoted to an expanded role at The Oklahoman.
Clytie Bunyan, business editor of The Oklahoman, has been promoted to director of business and lifestyles.
Finance reporter Don Mecoy, 52, will assume the role of business editor, reporting to Bunyan.
Bunyan, 51, joined The Oklahoman in 1989 as a metro reporter. She later moved to the business department and has covered real estate, small business and retail.
“Bunyan is a demonstrated leader in this newsroom. She has led with a calm, assertive resolve that inspires confidence in those around her. She's a champion for journalistic integrity. I think she will bring a wealth of talent to this position,” said Kelly Dyer Fry, editor of The Oklahoman and vice president of news and information for OPUBCO Communications Group.
Bunyan was named business editor in 2003. She has overseen several redesigns of the section, transforming it from a traditional section with multiple stock pages to a more reader-friendly section that appeals to both industry and news readers.
“The goal in 2003 was to produce a section that includes coverage of highly complex financial and industry topics, but in a way that is easy for all readers to understand, and to simplify stock page information, and I think we've done that,” Bunyan said. “It's not just our grandfather's section any more.”
Bunyan also spearheaded intense coverage that has included Oklahoma City's emerging downtown development and this year's launch of expanded energy coverage.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 19791Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7602OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6827Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6472OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5877Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4499Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4468Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash