The Oklahoman releases iPad application
The custom-built app for iPad tablet devices is available in the App Store.
"We will continue to provide news and information content for our customers when, where and how they want it," Thompson said.
The Oklahoman is one of the first newspapers in the country to release an iPad specific product for its customers.
The application was developed by the in-house technology team at OPUBCO Communications Group. The team will continue to work on updates with additional features and content in the coming months. Those that have downloaded the application will see available updates through the App Store on their iPad.
The daily production for content is being handled by the same news production team that handles The Oklahoman's print edition and its website, NewsOK.com.
"We're very proud of our technology and news and information teams," Thompson said. "They've worked very hard to deliver this wonderful technology and product for our customers."
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments