The Oklahoman's high school athletes of the week
Logan Gray, El Reno
Gray shot a 71 and, via playoff, came out on top of a three-way tie to win the El Reno Invitational at Crimson Creek Golf Course. Heritage Hall won the team title behind Trent Mewbourn and Gavin Mastell, who each shot 71 to tie with Gray.
NewsOK Related Articles
Anna Mikish and Kina Boone, Choctaw
The Yellowjacket duo had quite a week, each finishing 1-2 in a pair of tournaments. Mikish won with a 71 at the Anadarko Tournament at Sugar Creek Canyon in Hinton, with Boone second. Boone shot 75 to win the Tecumseh Lady Savage with Mikish a shot back. Choctaw won the team title at both events.
Austin Kretchmar, Okarche
Kretchmar threw a complete game, giving up a pair of unearned runs in Okarche's 5-2 win over the host team in the Hennessey Tournament championship game to improve to 8-0. Against Alva earlier in the tournament, Kretchmar had a walk-off home run and earned the win in relief.
Cole Rinke, Bethany
In wins over Harrah and Kingfisher, Rinke scored six goals to go with his three assists. The senior forward has scored 14 goals on the season for Bethany, which is 9-1 and ranked No. 3 in Class 4A entering Thursday's home game against Crooked Oak.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9606Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad