Third-graders help fire victims in Oklahoma community of Luther
Four 8-year-olds from Nichols Hills Elementary School in Oklahoma City gathered personal pampering items to give to families, and the school is collecting donations for the school in Luther.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
One line in the notes reads, “We may be little, but our hearts are big.”
They plan to deliver the gift bags and notes to residents in Luther on Friday.
Nichols Hills Elementary Principal Carol Berry said the girls are sweet and always looking for ways to lend a hand. Their giving spirit inspired the idea to assist the schools as well, so the Nichols Hills student council is accepting donations of school supplies and gift cards to send to Luther campuses.
“It's that Oklahoma spirit,” Berry said. “We don't want our fellow man to suffer.”
Berry said the school will be collecting donations over the next two weeks to be delivered to schools in Luther.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 54680Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35701Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32594Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8907Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 8388Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5554Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4146OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins