Thomas students didn't face criminal charges
Regarding “Thomas students suspended in dispute” (News, Sept. 5): I'm a Thomas High School graduate. I still have family and grandchildren in the school system. It's a big concern that the administration didn't feel the need to contact the police or to press charges because the boys hadn't been in any previous trouble. It's scary to imagine what could have happened. This is a serious incident that needs to be addressed with more concern and judgment; otherwise it sends the message to others that this type of behavior is OK.
NewsOK Related Articles
The boys with guns were able to transfer to a neighboring school system with no problem. I hope that school doesn't allow guns on its campus. Several years ago in Thomas, a woman and her unborn child were murdered by two brothers with guns; another incident involved two more brothers and guns who shot a young man and almost shot my son.
Why should kids be allowed to have guns in small towns or anywhere else?
Lori Rice Penner, Oklahoma City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 13135OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6692Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6620Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5959Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5205Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5081Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers