Three dead in separate accidents on Oklahoma roads
The accidents occurred in Tulsa, near Leedey in Dewey County and in rural Grady County.
Wrecks on state roadways have killed three people, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
Samuel Tomson, 38, Durant
Tomson died Sunday after the tractor-trailer he was driving veered off State Highway 34 as it traveled southbound about 8:50 a.m. Sunday, four miles north of Leedey in Dewey County, the highway patrol said. The tractor-trailer rolled once, ejecting Tomson about 60 feet, troopers said. He was pronounced dead at the scene from massive injuries and had not been wearing a seat belt, troopers said.
Mark Alan Gosnell, 52, Bradley
A deer crossed Gosnell's path as he drove a motorcycle about 6:45 p.m. Saturday on county road 1520 west of county street 2970 in Grady County, the highway patrol said. The motorcycle struck the deer and overturned. Gosnell was thrown from the bike, troopers said. He was not wearing a helmet and died at the scene from massive injuries, troopers said.
Teresa Ann Benjamin, 53, Tulsa
A pickup was traveling eastbound about 10:45 p.m. Saturday on Interstate 244 near Yale Avenue in Tulsa when it veered off the road and rolled, striking a light pole. The driver, Teresa Benjamin, was pinned inside and died at the scene from head injuries, troopers said. Two passengers were also hurt. Linda Lou Benjamin, 59, of Tulsa, was taken to a Tulsa hospital in stable condition with internal injuries. Tiawana Maria Smith, 45, of Tulsa, was treated at the scene for neck injuries, troopers said. Everyone in the pickup wore a seat belt, troopers said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14862OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11951Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8347Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6661Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6166Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5685Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4422Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?