Three die in crashes on Oklahoma roads
Three people were killed in separate crashes Monday night and Tuesday morning on Oklahoma roads, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
Three people died in wrecks on state roads, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
Barnett was driving west about 8 a.m. Tuesday on State Highway 152 about six miles east of Sayre. A northbound tractor-trailer driven by Gary Lee Brimer, 62, of Sayre, failed to yield at a stop sign and struck Barnett's car in the driver's side door, troopers said. Barnett died at the scene. Brimer was not hurt, troopers said. Both men were wearing seat belts.
Duplaisir was a passenger in a pickup northbound about 5:15 a.m. Tuesday on Interstate 35, four miles north of the Texas state line, when the pickup drifted off the road and struck a parked tractor-trailer, troopers said. Duplaisir died at the scene. The driver of the pickup, Kenneth R. Adams, 43, of Port Allen, La., was taken to a hospital with multiple injuries, troopers said. Duplaisir was not wearing a seat belt.
Varner was driving south about 8:30 p.m. Monday on a Creek County road about five miles southwest of Mannford. The pickup left the road and struck a tree, troopers said. Varner died at the scene. He was not wearing a seat belt.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21059Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6693OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5627Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4676Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4297Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater