Three finalists are named for Edmond small business of the year
The Edmond Area Chamber of Commerce will name the winner of the Bank of Oklahoma Small Business of the Year award during an awards banquet Friday at the University of Central Oklahoma.
EDMOND — Framin' Gallery, Optique Vision Center and Parkway Cleaners are finalists for the Edmond Area Chamber of Commerce's Bank of Oklahoma Small Business of the Year. The winner will be named Friday during the annual awards banquet.
The award honors businesses that have made significant growth and outstanding contributions to the economy and overall progress of the Edmond community.
Judges looked at accomplishments in 2012 such as business growth and performance; business strategies and innovation; business challenges and competitiveness and community involvement and contribution.
The 2013 Edmond Chamber Annual Awards Banquet begins at 6:30 p.m. at the Nigh University Center at the University of Central Oklahoma.
Framin' Gallery, a do-it-yourself custom framing business, joined the chamber in 1983 and continues to grow. Employees of the family-owned-and-operated business have more than 80 years' experience.
Their philosophy has been displayed on a sign since the day they opened, reading: “The inconvenience of poor quality lingers long after the thrill of a bargain is forgotten.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister