Three men, two of them felons, arrested for buying gun at Oklahoma City show
A tattoo on one man's face alerted a police officer at an Oklahoma City gun show to check his criminal background.
Three men, two of them felons, were arrested after buying a gun at a weekend gun show, Oklahoma City police reported Wednesday.
David Lee Jackson Jr., 22, Midarreon Cook, 21, and Daveon Jackson, 21, were arrested Sunday afternoon after an officer pulled over David Jackson for making an improper right turn.
Videoview all videos
Jan 2A tattoo on one man's face alerted a police officer at an...
Photoview all photos
A police officer working overtime at a gun show at State Fair Park saw three men put money together to buy a gun. One man had a distinctive tattoo of “XV” under his right eye, and the officer checked the tattoo in a database, according to the report.
The database showed David Jackson had this tattoo and that he had two deferred felony convictions and a pending felony case in Oklahoma County, according to the report.
The three men left the gun show in a car and were pulled over after David Jackson made an illegal right turn from the parking lot onto south May Avenue, police said.
David Jackson told the officer he was coming from the gun show where his friend bought a gun and that the gun was in the car's glove box, according to the report.
When the officer searched the men and the car, he found a 9 mm handgun, a magazine and a receipt for the gun.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes