Three people stabbed during argument over alcohol consumption in Oklahoma
Enrique C. Zarate, 19, of Warr Acres, is accused of stabbing his roommates and attempting to stab a neighbor who tried to intervene.
An argument over who could drink alcohol the fastest landed three people in the hospital with stab wounds, police said.
Enrique Cato Zarate, 19, of Warr Acres, is accused of stabbing three roommates — including a cousin — and attempting to stab a neighbor who tried to intervene during the attack, according to a probable cause affidavit filed Monday in Oklahoma County District Court.
The incident occurred about 9:30 p.m. Friday at an apartment in the 5900 block of NW 35, where the defendant and the victims live, Warr Acres police reported.
The roommates were inside their apartment watching television and drinking alcohol when they started arguing about “who could drink alcohol faster,” police reported.
According to the affidavit:
The defendant grabbed multiple knives and began stabbing the victims. During the attack, a neighbor attempted to intervene and the defendant “attempted to stab him as well.”
All three of the stabbing victims suffered “serious injuries to their torsos and chests” and required emergency medical treatment and hospitalization.
Zarate was arrested after fleeing the scene on foot. He is being held in the Oklahoma County jail with bail set at $20,000, a jail official said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 64379Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31540Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 30680Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 16244Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 7370Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6239Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4310Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman