Three people stabbed during argument over alcohol consumption in Oklahoma
Enrique C. Zarate, 19, of Warr Acres, is accused of stabbing his roommates and attempting to stab a neighbor who tried to intervene.
An argument over who could drink alcohol the fastest landed three people in the hospital with stab wounds, police said.
Enrique Cato Zarate, 19, of Warr Acres, is accused of stabbing three roommates — including a cousin — and attempting to stab a neighbor who tried to intervene during the attack, according to a probable cause affidavit filed Monday in Oklahoma County District Court.
The incident occurred about 9:30 p.m. Friday at an apartment in the 5900 block of NW 35, where the defendant and the victims live, Warr Acres police reported.
The roommates were inside their apartment watching television and drinking alcohol when they started arguing about “who could drink alcohol faster,” police reported.
According to the affidavit:
The defendant grabbed multiple knives and began stabbing the victims. During the attack, a neighbor attempted to intervene and the defendant “attempted to stab him as well.”
All three of the stabbing victims suffered “serious injuries to their torsos and chests” and required emergency medical treatment and hospitalization.
Zarate was arrested after fleeing the scene on foot. He is being held in the Oklahoma County jail with bail set at $20,000, a jail official said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12798Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12779Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12087OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10010Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8450Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6619Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 6098Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated