Oklahoma State football: Three questions with OSU defensive lineman James Castleman
Aside from being part of the strong performance by Oklahoma State's defensive line Saturday night, sophomore James Castleman recorded his first career interception when he dropped into coverage on Texas Tech's first drive of the second half. Castleman returned the pick 14 yards to Tech's 38-yard line, setting up an OSU scoring drive.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 100 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
You're from Amarillo, Texas, and you were verbally committed to Texas Tech until late in the recruiting process. Did this game have any special meaning to you because of that?
“Even though it was Tech, it didn't have any extra meaning to me. I'm gonna play as hard as I can in every game and work as hard as I can for my teammates and my coaches. After the game, you think about it. I have friends that play on the team and friends who go to school there. So after the game, when it doesn't mean anything, is when you think about that.”
How did you see the play developing on your interception?
“I started backing up and I was like, ‘Throw the ball to me. Throw the ball to me.' He threw it to me and I was like, ‘Yes!' I tried to take it to the house, but I'm not as fast as I thought I was.”
Do you feel like the defense is coming together at the right time, with Bedlam next week?
“I feel like it is. The coaches talk about us working as a team, working as one. I feel like today we did exactly that. Our offense worked as one and did their thing. Our defense worked as one and we did our thing. So I feel like it was really great.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 23122Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10571Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6943OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5977OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5278Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5014Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3834Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater