Three questions with OU football coach Bob Stoops
Did this game swing on your December preparation?
Stoops: “It's fair to say that probably had a strong impact on the players. But in the end, I don't' feel we have ever not worked hard in these games. I'm not going to sit here and act like we weren't ready in some other games, but we were more healthy in this one, and these guys worked hard and they had an attitude to play in the game.”
Videoview all videos
Jan 2Oklahoma had little trouble ending its five-game losing...
Jan 2Berry Tramel and Jake Trotter break down the OU blowout...
Photoview all 37 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
How important was the fast start offensively?
Stoops: “It obviously helps you. But in the end, if you don't, you still have to play 31/2 hours. I worry about ever stressing it too much, because if it doesn't happen, you don't want everyone thinking, oh gosh, we didn't get off to a great start. When you do, it definitely is a big boost and momentum.”
What is it about Landry Jones in bowl games? Two bowls, two 400-yard passing games.
Stoops: “Landy, I have been saying it all year, has a huge future. He has had a great, huge year. I mean, this guy is special. He's a long way from a finished product, and he is also a special and great quarterback, and everyone is realizing it.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 13567Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 12400Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims