Three questions with OU offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson: 'Simple stuff' worked well against Florida State
How much a factor was your up-tempo offense?
"Some of the best things we did was when we were doing some of our simple stuff where we just go fast and they're not lined up. Our tempo helped us a lot because I don't think they were ready sometimes. But once we get into our conference, teams have seen us."
Videoview all videos
Sep 12Landry Jones threw for 380 yards and 4 touchdowns, as OU...
Sep 12Berry Tramel and Jake Trotter break down OU's 47-17 win...
Photoview all 75 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
What's the reasoning behind installing the pistol formation where the running back lines up directly behind the quarterback in the shotgun?
"It's not like Nevada. We did it a smidge last year. We just want to be a little more downhill (on running plays). We're trying to be more of a physical offense. Nevada uses more option. We're just trying to get the back going sideways instead of going north and south. You also hide some of your tendencies."
Why is wide receivers coach Jay Norvell on the sidelines this year?
"The thought is with young receivers, (better) communication with those guys. Josh (Heupel) is working so hard with the quarterback. Cale (Gundy) is involved a little with the kicking game, James (Patton) with the line. Sometimes you're playing four, five or six receivers so I just suggested a week or so ago to think about it. I think he got a great sense today the rotations and feel (for the game)."
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort