Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
How were you able to get such good pressure on Tech quarterback Graham Harrell? “Rushed him. He said he wasn’t going to get sacked. That’s what he said. He said it on TV. He said he couldn’t be sacked. He wasn’t going to be sacked. He talked about their offensive line, and those guys are good. He’s a great quarterback. But we wasn’t intimidated by anything we’ve seen in the past. We looked at it as they are a great team and they’ve beat a lot of great teams, but they haven’t played us, yet.” Another interesting game coming up? “Another interesting game, yeah. Going down to Stillwater. Big game. Bedlam. It’s always a shootout.”
Three questions with OU's Gerald McCoy
Sooners DT Gerald McCoySo, is this the payback you were talking about? “They talked about how bad our defense is, how much work we needed. We came out and I think we sent a message. When we’re on top of our game, you better bring it. Tech is a great offense. I give them a whole bunch of credit. They put up a lot of points, a lot of numbers. We knew we had a test ahead of us. We wanted to come out and send a statement. And I think we did that.”
Videoview all videos
Nov 24Chris Brown scored three times, as OU obliterated Texas...
Nov 24Berry Tramel and Jenni Carlson discuss the Sooners' 65-21...
Nov 23Live gameday preview of OU-Texas Tech from Campus Corner...
Photoview all 76 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 24523Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15852Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10645Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9696Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9156Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8753Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8578Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena