Three Spring Mantel Ideas
The fun thing about mantels that they are a palette for creative seasonal decor. The mantel is the perfect place for a seasonal vignette. Decorating the mantel is also a great way to add color and pop to a neutral room. We've covered natural mantel decorating ideas for the winter season. Now that we're moving into spring, it's time to give the mantel a spring update. Fortunately, we're friends with a few DIY bloggers who showed us how to decorate a mantel for spring. Their ideas are fresh and fun.
Don't feel bound to traditional pastel color schemes. As I'll show you, a spring mantel can reflect earthy colors found in nature, or even the bright palette of summer.
Mikey F. of Shabby French Cottage, a DIY painter in Richmond, shared his Spring Fern Mantelscape on Hometalk. It's hip, vintage-inspired, and natural-looking, with a hint of Southern glamor. To replicate Mikey's spring fern mantel at home, you'll need nine tiny potted ferns (meaning tiny ferns in tiny terracotta pots), two medium sized ferns in terracotta pots, and two large ferns in large pots. Position the large pots at the ends of the mantel, and the medium pots toward the middle of the mantel. Flank them with tiny pots. The centerpiece of Mikey's mantel is a gold vintage clock. Behind it, on the wall, is an antique stained glass window hung as art. The contrast of the earthy ferns and stained glass art with the golden clock is super-fabulous. As you can see, there's not a single pastel color in the design.
See our commenting and posting policy.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 92690Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17105OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12852Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8967Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8623Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8590How to help tornado victims
- 8406Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located