Thunder announcer arrested on suspicion of lewd acts
James Allan Miller, 41, of Harrah, is a high school teacher who also works as the public address announcer for Oklahoma City's NBA team, the Thunder. Miller was arrested on complaints of lewd acts with a child under 16.
HARRAH — A high school teacher who is the public address announcer for the Thunder was arrested on complaints of lewd acts with a child under 16, police reported Thursday.
James Allan Miller, 41, of Harrah, is accused of three counts of lewd or indecent acts with a child under 16, according to a probable cause affidavit filed Thursday in Oklahoma County. He was taken into custody while attending a meeting in Putnam City High School by Warr Acres Police Department, said Phil Stewart, a school resource officer for the Harrah School District.
A Thunder official said he has been suspended.
“Due to the allegations and criminal case against him and until further notice, Mr. Miller has been removed from his duties as Thunder PA announcer,” wrote Dan Mahoney, the Thunder's vice president of corporate communications, in an email.
Miller is the voice the Thunder audience hears during the game. He's a game night employee and is not employed full time, an official said.
Miller did not immediately return a phone call from The Oklahoman.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 19121Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6569Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6311OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5835Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4411Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4396Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater