Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
rkins did not attend the banquet that concluded his camp Friday night. Reports surfaced Friday morning of Perkins being involved in an accident Thursday night at a house party at Jackson's mother's Port Arthur home. KBTV-TV reported that Perkins was taken to the Medical Center of Southeast Texas after collapsing at the home. The station reports Port Arthur Police Chief Mark Blanton said someone called the fire department to report Perkins had suffered a seizure and fell on the concrete. Perkins reportedly was treated for minor injuries before being released. The Thunder, under NBA rules, cannot comment on the incident. All NBA teams are prohibited from discussing anything related to players during the NBA lockout without clearance from the league office. In June, Thunder guard Nate Robinson was cited for public urination outside of a Barnes and Noble in White Plains, N.Y. Robinson was released on $100 bail. Perkins and Robinson were both acquired last year in a midseason trade with Boston that sent Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic to the Celtics. Four days after acquiring Perkins, the Thunder signed him to a four-year contract extension worth more $34.8 million.
Thunder center Kendrick Perkins arrested in Texas at night club
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
News Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 64632Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14648Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8984Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7016Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6971How to help tornado victims
- 6471Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6275Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes