Thunder notebook: A matter of time
Videoview all videos
Nov 7Too many turnovers led to fast break points for the...
Nov 4The Oklahoman's Jenni Carlson and Berry Tramel discuss...
Photoview all 18 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Westbrook has faced a steady stream of outstanding point guards so far this season, and it continues Sunday in Boston's Rajon Rondo.
"Rondo is as good as any guard in the league right now," Brooks said. "He's an All-Star. He understands what his game is and he does it every time. He's a playmaking point guard. He makes his team better by his decisions."
Rondo is off to the best start in NBA history with 93 assists in the first six games (15.5 per).
"We're going to have to change things up on him," Brooks said. "A lot of the great players you give them the same daily diet, they're going to look at it and tear it apart. We're going to mix it up. We're going to have to switch. We're going to have to double. We're going to have to take it out of his hands. But the guy does that to everybody. He's quick, he's strong and he's heady. He knows how to play."
Thunder power forward Nick Collison, who has yet to practice or play this season, had an MRI taken early last week and said the results were good.
Collison said he has intensified his work during rehabilitation. Though he still has no exact timetable on his return, Collison said he is encouraged with the test results. "Still going forward," Collison said. "It's good to be moving forward rather than moving backward."
Backup center Byron Mullens, who has been inactive all season, is battling the flu. He did not make the West Coast trip last week and was not at Saturday's practice.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 14038Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9697OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6648Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5284Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5183Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5164OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5129Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater