Thunder notebook: Denver is done; on to Dallas
Videoview all videos
Apr 7The OKC Thunder has earned the northwest division title...
Apr 7Jenni Carlson and Berry Tramel talk about last night's...
Apr 7Kevin Durant scored 29, as OKC overcame 35 points from...
Apr 6Darnell Mayberry and Jenni Carlson look back on an...
Photoview all 27 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
As Griffin's point total quickly rose, the boos also became groans. Griffin finished with 35 points and 11 rebounds.
New OU basketball coach Lon Kruger was in attendance and visited briefly with Griffin about an hour before tipoff. Griffin previously spoke of his disappointment at the firing of Jeff Capel.
“I wish him the best,” Griffin said of Capel. “Obviously, I think highly of him, and he'll be fine. On the other hand, everything that was said, for me, it wasn't a shot at the university. It was (support) for Coach Capel. I have a lot of loyalty to him. I talked with Coach Kruger several times. He's going to be great for Oklahoma. I'm excited to have a guy that's had that much success and that much experience in his career.”
Kruger first spoke with Griffin on Tuesday. “It makes me feel great that he reached out,” Griffin said. “I'm behind him 100 percent. I don't have any bad feelings or anything like that toward him.”
FARE THEE WELL
The Clippers went 2-2 against the Thunder this season. Asked why his team fared so well, Griffin said; “You look across the board for them, they like to get out and run (and) we like to get out and run. They're pretty athletic, and I think we're pretty athletic as well. I think we just kind of match up together well. I think everybody steps up and accepts the challenge to guard guys like Kevin Durant (who had 29 points Wednesday). You're not going to stop him, but you try to slow him down.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 21059Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6693OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5627Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4676Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4297Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater