Thunder notebook: Limit on players' minutes could be coming
Thunder coach Scott Brooks reiterated Friday that he has no plans on sitting players out in the final three games of the season. It's more likely that Brooks limits his players' minutes in the final two games.
NewsOK Related Articles
Thunder center Cole Aldrich said Friday that he plans on playing in summer league this year. He had to sit out last year while his contract was being finalized. … Police shut down a section of Interstate 80 in Sacramento for six hours on Friday in the wake of a crime spree that involved three carjackings carried out by a gunman. Heavy traffic ensued and altered the route of the Thunder's team bus to and from the arena. … Hall of Famer Oscar Robertson attended Friday's game, sitting courtside near half-court. He received a standing ovation when shown on the scoreboard during a timeout with 5:49 remaining in the first quarter. In between the first and second quarters, Robertson presented Kings guard Isaiah Thomas with the Oscar Robertson Triple-Double Award for his contributions on and off the court. … Hall of Famer Bill Walton also was in attendance Friday.
The Thunder will face the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday inside the Staples Center. It will be the last game of a five-game trip. Tipoff is scheduled for 2:30 p.m. on ABC.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes