Thunder notebook: OKC 'basking' with the league's best record
A 16-3 record and sunny California weather has Thunder in a good mood between games.
Oklahoma City has basked in breathtaking weather since departing last Thursday for games in Oakland and Los Angeles. Temperatures in San Francisco were near 70, and the team didn't leave until Saturday at noon following Friday night's 120-109 victory over Golden State.
NewsOK Related Articles
The Thunder stays in Santa Monica whenever it plays the Clippers or Lakers. Temperatures reached 80 on Saturday and Sunday, and beach area traffic has been significant.
OKC players were given Saturday off and had only a 45-minute session on Sunday morning at nearby Santa Monica High School. That was followed by roughly 20 minutes of stretching exercises, during which players laughed throughout.
“Look at those guys,” Thunder coach Scott Brooks said with a smile, looking at his team across the court and stopping mid-sentence during an interview. “Thunder U at its finest today.”
I LOVE LA (CLIPPERS)
Brooks attended nearby Cal State-Irvine and has family and friends scattered throughout the state. While visiting with them Saturday night, Brooks noticed an attitude change toward the normally maligned Clippers, who lead the Pacific Division.
“You can see the excitement in the city,” Brooks said. “They're an exciting team. People love the Clippers, and they're a fun team to love.”
NEW TURNOVER ‘LEADER'
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 33746Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15554Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10129Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9883Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8114Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8089Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister