Thunder notebook: OKC defense no longer tops the charts
Thunder coach Scott Brooks expressed supreme disappointment in his team's defense in Monday's 112-100 loss against the Clippers.
OKC began its current road trip last week as the NBA's top defensive team in opponent field goal percentage (.412) and 3-point percentage (.283).
NewsOK Related Articles
After surviving at trigger-happy Golden State and getting soundly beaten by the multi-faceted Los Angeles Clippers, the Thunder now is tied for fifth in opponent 3-point percentage (.311) and seventh in opponent field-goal percentage (.425).
So it goes when opponents shoot a combined 86 for 167 (.515) from the floor and 25 for 53 (.472) from beyond the arc.
OKC coach Scott Brooks expressed supreme disappointment in his team's defense in Monday's 112-100 loss against the Clippers. The Thunder wanted to smother potential lob passes, but defenders were slow to close out on outside shooters.
Thunder reserve Daequan Cook said the best part of overcoming Monday's loss is getting to play Wednesday night at Dallas.
“You live to play another game,” Cook said.
Will there be an overreaction to the Thunder getting beat so soundly?
“That's the NBA,” reserve forward Nick Collison said. “It's kind of, ‘What have you done for us lately? How have you played lately?' We're not going to overreact yet. We always have to see problems and improve upon them.”
The Thunder flew to Dallas immediately after Monday night's game and did not practice Tuesday.
“We've got a film to watch and things to get better at,” Brooks said. “This game will always humble you, not that we needed it. They (the Clippers) were a better than us tonight. They proved it for 48 minutes. We get another crack at 'em. I don't know when, but we will.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 13061Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11652Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5853Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5268Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4352Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4093Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law