Thunder notebook: OKC searching for Serge Ibaka's offense
After 10 games of his shot attempts taking a dip, Ibaka scored 18 points Saturday.
NewsOK Related Articles
The Thunder switches on the majority of screens, which in a sense is a zone. But Brooks said the true zone is likely to be used in the next couple of weeks.
IRVING'S SHOT SEPARATING HIM
Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving continued to draw praise from the Thunder on Saturday, even before he dropped 35 points to lead the Cavs to a 115-110 victory.
Brooks said before the game the second-year man has a chance to be “one of the top point guards in the league.”
“I didn't realize he was only 20. I'm glad I'm not playing against him,” Brooks said. “But he's improved a lot. I think what's really going to help separate him from a lot of the guards is his ability to shoot. When you can penetrate and play the pick and roll and get into the paint and the basket with either hand and you can shoot, then you're like picking poison.”
Irving's point total tied Kobe Bryant for an opponent high against the Thunder this season.
Rookie guard Jeremy Lamb did not travel with the team to Cleveland. He remained in Oklahoma City while battling a low back strain. … Cleveland is now 4-15 against Western Conference teams. … Guard DeAndre Liggins was called for a technical foul with 49.3 seconds remaining in the first quarter. It was his second in as many games. … There were 15 ties and 19 lead changes Saturday. … The Thunder fell to 15-9 on the road. … OKC had 10 steals and 11 blocked shots against the Cavs.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 64632Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14648Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8984Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7016Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6971How to help tornado victims
- 6471Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6275Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes