Thunder notebook: Rick Carlisle has surgery, will miss tonight's game
Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle will miss today's 7 p.m. contest against the Thunder inside Oklahoma City Arena after having knee surgery during his team's holiday break.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Carlisle told the Dallas Morning News he had â€œminorâ€ arthroscopic surgery and the team's medical staff suggested he not travel. Assistant Dwane Casey will coach the Mavs.
Carlisle has been bothered by problems with his left knee and often has worn a brace or sleeve.
GOOD AND WELL-RESTED
As if the 23-5 Mavericks needed any help, they're working on six days rest heading into tonight's contest.
In the season's previous meeting on Nov. 24 in OKC, the Mavs scored 10 straight points in just 57 seconds and it came on just three field goals â€” three 3-pointers, which included a four-point play from Dirk Nowitzki.
The Thunder led 75-64 in the third quarter, but wound up losing 111-103. Nowitzki scored 34, with 17 coming in the final quarter. Off-season acquisition Tyson Chandler had 17 points and 18 rebounds.
â€œThey have veteran players who have no other agenda other than winning basketball games,â€ Thunder coach Scott Brooks said. â€œHe (Chandler) is showing how good he is. He rebounds, he's scoring more. The game he had against us was a big factor.â€
NOT THINKING 50
Kevin Durant entered the fourth quarter Saturday having already scored 40 points against Denver. Was there any thought to making sure Durant hit the 50-point mark for the first time in his career on Christmas night?
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister