Thunder notebook: Scott Brooks insists chemistry is still there
Videoview all videos
Nov 2Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant and Kevin Martin combine...
Photoview all 31 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Baylor rookie Perry Jones III also made his pro debut and had two points, two rebounds and one assist in 5:15 of playing time.
Thunder starting center Kendrick Perkins sprained his left ankle with 4:45 left in the game and is listed as day-to-day. … The Thunder snapped a five-game losing streak, dating back to last year's NBA Finals. … In attendance were New England Patriots receiver and former Heritage Hall standout Wes Welker, plus former Oklahoma guard Brent Price. … After draining a 19-footer to open the season at San Antonio, Serge Ibaka hit just 2 of his next 13 attempts, which included a missed alley-oop and an offensive goaltending against the Blazers. A career .539 shooter, Ibaka is shooting .278 (5 for 18) after two games. … Last season, Portland forward LaMarcus Aldridge averaged 26.0 points and 7.0 rebounds against OKC. On Friday, he took 22 shots (making eight) to finish with 22 points. He also had 15 rebounds. … After getting outscored 18-6 in fast break points at San Antonio, the Thunder outscored the Blazers 23-6 on the break and by a 44-24 count in the paint.
Portland guard Wesley Matthews when asked if anything good came out of Friday's loss: “The coaches will find some good out of it. As a player, you don't like to lose, but the beauty of the NBA is that we got another one tomorrow.”
The Blazers play at Houston on Saturday night against Harden and his 41.0 scoring average.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 36498Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32022Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 18998Oklahoma tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7837Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6469OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3675College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3601Student shot dead during botched home invasion