Thunder notebook: Scott Brooks preaching to Kendrick Perkins about technical fouls
Scott Brooks is aware his starting center is on pace for 24 technical fouls this season, and he says the two have talked about it a time or two.
Thunder coach Scott Brooks is well aware starting center Kendrick Perkins is on pace for 24 technical fouls this season.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
"Oh, we've talked a few times about it," Brooks said with a smile. "He says he's going to slow up when he gets to eight."
Players will be suspended with their 13th technical this season and every other technical thereafter.
Asked if he has whispered into Perkins' ear about the frantic "T" pace, Brooks said: "It's a loud whisper. We've had multiple loud whispers.
"He's an emotional guy and other teams know that. If you want to pick a fight, he's ready and willing. We have to control it, but he plays with that. He needs to play with that chip on his shoulder. He makes us good because he has that. He brings toughness every time he's on the floor."
During the 149-day NBA lockout, New Orleans coach Monty Williams took note of Thunder players gathering on three separate occasions for voluntary four-day camps in Austin, Texas, Lexington, Ky., and at Southern Nazarene in Bethany.
Williams believes those get-togethers help explain OKC's 10-2 start.
"They're together," Williams said. "They've had experience. They've failed, in their eyes, in the playoffs. They're a team that wants to win a championship. I see experience. I see their bench cheering when they make plays. I see young guys stepping up and making plays. (Nick) Collison and the older guys, they seem like they haven't missed a beat. They're well-coached. They're primed to make a big run this year."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 39102Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15291Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9778Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9437Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9040Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7843Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7624Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister