Thunder notebook: When will Cole Aldrich make his debut?
Through the Thunder's first two games, rookie Cole Aldrich still has not logged his first minute as an NBA player. But coach Scott Brooks said Friday that the No. 11 overall selection's time is coming.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
"I like what he's doing," Brooks said. "He's getting a little bit better during practice... But he's like all rookies, he has to learn what we do and how we do it and what the league is about. It's part of the development that he has. It's not that he isn't doing things right. It's just that the circumstances haven't really presented themselves for him to get in the game."
Brooks said Chicago and Detroit's frontlines weren't ideal for a banger like Aldrich, the 6-foot-11 center out of Kansas. Brooks also said his second unit calls for only one big man, which through two games has been Serge Ibaka. It's possible that Aldrich could begin to see minutes when the Thunder faces bigger frontlines.
DOMINATING THE EAST
Despite much of last year's success stemming from going 22-8 against Eastern Conference teams, the Thunder hasn't made it a point to replicate that same recipe in 2010-11.
"One of the things that I'm impressed with about our group is that they take the game and try to play as hard as they can no matter if it's the West, East, in our division or not in our division," Brooks said. "We don't look at who we play. We look at it as one of 82 games we got to play well and execute in order for us to win."
COOK LOOKING TO CONTRIBUTE
In his Thunder debut Wednesday against Chicago, sharp-shooting guard Daequan Cook went 0-for-4 from behind the 3-point line. But Cook said before Friday's game at Detroit that he didn't spend much time thinking about his off night.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 89274Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14075Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8763Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7637Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7585Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7472How to help tornado victims
- 6832OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents