Thunder report card: Ball security, defensive rebounding get a D
Ball security: D. The Thunder had 18 turnovers, leading to 23 Memphis points. The Grizzlies had eight turnovers. That's your ballgame. The Thunder has to value the ball more.
Videoview all videos
May 1Zach Randolph scored 34 points and grabbed 10 rebounds,...
May 1Darnell Mayberry and John Rohde explain what went wrong...
Photoview all 77 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Finishing: D. The Thunder shot less than 50 percent (19 of 43) from the paint, including 19 of 37 from the restricted area around the basket. Russell Westbrook was 4-of-14 from the restricted area.
Post defense: B. I know, it looks bad when Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol combine for 54 points on 21-of-33 shooting. But 13 of Randolph's and Gasol's baskets came on jumpers outside the paint or on tip-ins. The Thunder didn't get bulled on the block, it got bullied on the boards.
Defensive rebounding: D. The Grizzlies got six tip-in or putback baskets, which accounted for 12 of their 22 second-chance points. Memphis rebounded 17 of its 43 missed shots or foul shots.
Offensive rebounding: B. Lost in the rout was the Thunder's attack of the boards. OKC rebounded 16 of its 44 missed shots or foul shots, leading to 18 second-chance points.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M