Thunder rolls past Nets, 114-93
Russell Westbrook dunk gets OKC rolling.
A five-second, end-to-end streak by Russell Westbrook just before the first-half buzzer highlighted the Thunder's humiliation of New Jersey on Wednesday night.
Videoview all videos
Dec 30The Oklahoma City Thunder ran away with Wednesday night's...
Photoview all 19 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
After Nets guard Devin Harris scored a layup with 6.8 seconds remaining in the second quarter, Westbrook took an inbounds pass and blew by four New Jersey defenders before throwing down an emphatic one-handed dunk with 1.8 seconds reading on the game clock.
The play changed the game, capping a second quarter in which the Thunder outscored the Nets by 11 before cruising to a 114-93 victory at Oklahoma City Arena.
â€œHe was so quick,â€ said Thunder forward Kevin Durant. â€œIt looked like it was two or three dribbles, and he was down court. That breaks a team's back, especially at the end of a half.â€
The Nets never threatened from there. The Thunder went on to lead by as many as 25 points in the second half and never saw its lead slip beneath 10 points after a Nenad Krstic layup with 10:54 remaining in the third quarter.
It was the Thunder's second blowout victory by at least 20 points and the eighth time the Thunder has won by at least 10 points. Five of the Thunder's eight victories by 10 points or more have come since Dec. 12.
Wednesday night's blowout inside Oklahoma City Arena was a product of one of the best offensive displays the Thunder has assembled all season. The Thunder dished out a season-high 31 assists, topping the 29 it registered against Minnesota on Nov. 22. And OKC shot 54.9 percent, which trails only a 57.7 percent shooting night in a 12-point win against Houston on Dec. 15.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 92690Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17105OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12852Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8967Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8623Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8590How to help tornado victims
- 8406Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located