Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Hill returns the Thunder’s roster to the league-mandated maximum of 15 players. Hill will be on the bench for Wednesday’s game against the Celtics, but it’s unlikely Hill will see playing time over centers Johan Petro, Robert Swift and Mo Sene. Because Hill is a rookie, he is eligible to be sent to the Tulsa 66ers of the NBA’s Developmental League. Coach P.J. Carlesimo said in October that the team’s 15th roster spot will fluctuate based on need this season. “It’s not going to be a spot that we put a guy on a team and he’ll be our 15th man for the whole year,” Carlesimo said. “It’s a guy who might be there for two months. It’s a guy who might be there for two days.”
Thunder signs 7-foot center Steven Hill
The Thunder has signed Steven Hill, a 7-foot center out of Arkansas. The move comes one day after the team released point guard John Lucas III.Hill, who went undrafted this year, averaged 4.2 points, 2.9 rebounds and 2.1 blocked shots as a senior with the Razorbacks last season. Hill was the SEC Defensive Player of the Year during his junior season after averaging 2.8 blocks and 1.1 steals.
News Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 64206Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14590Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8849Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6802How to help tornado victims
- 6783Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6409Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6168Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes