Thunder-Spurs Game 5 quoteboard: Charles Barkley says 'Wednesday night is a wrap'
Here's a look at what coaches, players, analysts and others had to say during and after Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals.
Here's a look at what coaches, players, analysts and others had to say during and after Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals:
* TNT analyst Steve Kerr: “(Manu Ginobili) is something else. Ginobili is just rolling. You might as well let him have the ball.”
Videoview all videos
Jun 5James Harden scored 12 of his 20 points in the 4th...
Jun 5Darnell Mayberry and Berry Tramel break down OKC's...
Photoview all 26 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
* TNT analyst Reggie Miller: “I like what Scott Brooks is doing, putting (Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook) in a single pick and roll. This is what a lot of people on South Beach in Miami are getting upset about when they don't put (Dwyane) Wade and LeBron (James) in the pick and roll. When you have the two best players, let them work off one another.”
* Kerr: “It feels like Oklahoma City senses it. It feels like a changing of the guard is happening right before our eyes.”
* Miller: “There's a lot of time left here. You're wondering, ‘Do these Spurs have any mojo left in ‘em?'”
* Miller: “We are seeing a team grow up before our eyes and mature.”
* Thunder forward Kevin Durant: “We just play hard. The Spurs are an unbelievable team that makes us work hard for everything. We just try to do the same to them.”
* Thunder guard James Harden: “The ball was supposed to go to Kevin. The shot clock was going down and I had to make a play. I just tried to shoot with confidence.”
* TNT analyst Shaquille O'Neal: “Wednesday in OKC ... that place is gonna be rocking.”
* TNT analyst Kenny Smith: “Oklahoma weathered the storm. They stayed consistent and that's why they won the game tonight.
* Thunder coach Scott Brooks: “I give (Daequan Cook) a lot of credit. (Coming in cold) is one of the hardest things in the league to do.”
* Brooks: “I think we played about as hard as we could possibly play.”
* Brooks: “We gave Manu some easy shots, but he made a ton of difficult shots.”
* Brooks: “We know that there are two good teams playing each other in this series. We're not too proud to learn from how teams play.”
* Brooks: “Did Russell have a great second half? No. But I still believe in our guys. Tony did a good job. Sometimes you have to pat your opponent on the back. “
* Spurs coach Gregg Popovich: “(Starting Ginobili) was an energy boost for the team. He's a great player. We wanted to get him more time.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort